Thursday

The one about the four-layer cake


The-one-about-the-four-tier-cake

So for my mum's birthday, I wanted to have an afternoon tea spread complete with a four-layer birthday cake.


Things were looking rosy in the morning. I had my Earl Grey Tea cookie dough done and chilling in the fridge. My Cranberry Almond Blondie was out of the oven and smelling really good. I had plans for a crustless quiche for a savoury treat and of course, the main star - the four-layer Sea-Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake.


Well, things didn't go as planned of course. Perhaps one should not be trying out all new recipes on the event day. *winks*


By teatime, the birthday cake was baked, cut and waiting to be decorated. That was when things fell apart. Where to start? Making buttercream icing for the first time? Making caramel sauce for the first time? Making chocolate ganache for the first time? Having no icing skills whatsoever? *LOL*


Well, we had afternoon tea with everything but the birthday cake. I was icing it all the way up to dinner time! *hahahaha*


So we had it as after-dinner dessert.


And that my friends, is the story about the four-layercake that took forever to decorate. But mum said it was good. She never says anything I make is good. Ever. Yay me! ;)

P/s: Just a mish mash layout using my scrap bits.

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww ... I feel your pain!! I did a TWO layer for my mom one year and it was an epic fail! LOL!! I loveeeee this! LOVING the little monster and YAY for it tasting good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

What a fun story and I must say, that cake looks delish!! The pictures are beautiful and the details you added are fabulous, as always!! Love it, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

You just needed to sell it as a deliberate plan to extend the birthday celebration beyond teatime! I'm glad it tasted great. It certainly looks like it does!

Annette Allen said...

heehee.. sounds like me trying a new recipe.. well still looks like a success. Love your layout. Your mom looks happy.

Lynn said...

Love your story that went with the creative birthday layout. I've also tried out new recipes for parties and have had good and bad luck. I think crafters just need to live on the edge with everything we do; it's who we are! LOL!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, look at you with all these culinary chops! I am super impressed, and I'm sure your mom absolutely loved her birthday dinner! Love your photos! The gangsta gang always makes me laugh with their expressions when there are treats involved. Lots of fun details on here, as always. I'm loving the bold black typo print in the background. Makes everything really pop!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It