Monday

Mixed media girls from my art journal


Mixed media girl from my art journal1

It's been a while since I last shared my mixed media girls from my art journal. As you can tell, I like to do my backgrounds first before drawing in my girls. 

Here, the background was created with mists and a leaf stencil from The Crafter's Workshop. Her hair was painted with Liquitex transparent burnt umber ink and texturized with Prismacolor pencil. Her face was painted with Daler Rowney acrylic paints, Posca paint markers, Faber Castell gelatos and Rembrandt soft pastels.

Mixed media girl from my art journal2

On this girl, the background was created with The Crafter's Workshop stencils and mists (a mix of brands)...the gold splatters are Finetec pearl watercolors (current obsession). The girl was drawn with Rembrandt soft pastels and Faber Castell pastel pencils. The black spots on her face appeared when I sprayed my fixative...apparently that requires skill which I currently do not possess...*LOL*

Happy week ahead friends! 


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

5 comments:

SD pooja said...

Happy to see your mixed media girls after long !

Lizzy Hill said...

Sensational and wholly jealous of your ability to make random bg's into beautiful girls!!! And the spots make her look natural, I reckon!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love these! LOVING how the stars on the second one look like a part of her hair!

Lisa said...

They are absolutely gorgeous!! The background look amazing!! You are so talented my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, what gorgeous art girls! You are amazing, Yvonne! Fabulous mixed media pieces of heart. Love how the designs and stenciling on the background show through here and there. Adds such much depth and character to your designs!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It