Monday

Another "let's throw stuff on it" card....*winks*


Enjoy-mixed-media-card

Well, friends who are tackling the scrap pile, you know the struggle is real.
Every time you use something from the scrap pile, there is a small voice inside of you that says, "Yes!" but then there's that other much much louder voice that mocks at you, "That has not made a dent in your scrap pile! Haha!"


Which of course gets you to head back to your scrap pile [because that devil's advocate preys on your insecurities...so evil right?] and fish for something else to throw on your already done card....*winks*


And also serves as my lame excuse for this "let's throw stuff on it" card. *LOL*


I started with a Stencil Girl stencil + fiber paste on watercolour paper. Next, I went in with some Dylusions spray inks. After that, I went into my scrap pile to find something that would match my colour palette. I found the fussy-cut bird cage, then the frame. And of course, I wanted to use the lace from an old bra for a little peekaboo effect. Then, I decided it needed some sparkle, so I thought I should add some bling...but of course, the bling had to sit on something pretty so I added mica flakes. Then a paper bloom.....et cetera and 45 minutes, I had my "let's throw stuff on it" card done! :)

P/s: Happy week ahead friends!


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

7 comments:

Lynn said...

I was very amused by this post. I also have a scrap pile that's a mile high or so it seems. I like what you've done with what you found. We should start a club for scrap pile hoarders who like to pile stuff on their projects to get rid of their scraps. We'll be charter members! Hugs...keep posting!

SD pooja said...

ha haa I guess the club will be houseful..There would be hardly any crafter without scrap pile ;) I am trying to make a dent in it ,nothing like MM and layered projects to use them !! Loved the textures on your card Yvonne !

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehe ... I think we can all relate to that stash pile! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this! Just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

I really should divide my scrap pile into "things that will fit in page protectors and/or envelopes" and "lumpy stuff, for cards and tags that won't be mailed." That would make it much easier to find bits for projects.

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, I know that scrap pile dilemma....:D
Adorable card, Yvonne! I love the texture of the background, and I'm having fun recognizing all your paper bits. Really love the lace and mica on here. Always appreciate that touch of glam.

Lizzy Hill said...

I think your 'shabby chic' chuck it at me Mamma cards are THE BEST. LOVE the bird cage. Nice touch!!!

Lisa said...

This is stunning!! Wow!! The colors are amazing!! The texture is fabulous!! Love, love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It