Wednesday

My fave colours on a mixed media canvas...


My-fave-colours-on-a-mixed-media-canvas

So I finally got some canvases and proceeded to work on 3 mixed media canvases concurrently to add to my "spare" projects pile. That pile has been empty for a while....[sad music plays in the background] *winks*


This month, I challenged myself to "fall back in love" with my neglected art supplies [I suffer from an acute case of Shiny Object Syndrome...*LOL*] like my collection of spray mists. :)


I started with some wrapping tissue and lace from old bras [I've a stockpile from a recent spring-cleaning of my lingerie drawer...*winks*]. Then I applied a layer of Liquitex light modeling paste with The Crafter's Workshop stencil and added ColourArte mists in my fave colours. :)


I love the subtle shimmer from the mica flakes in the mists and cool textures that pop when the mists flow into the little nooks and crannies. :)


I finished with my fave embellishments from Maya Road. :)

P/s: Hope your week has been awesome so far. 

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and those spools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SD pooja said...

So Beautiful !!

Suman Pandit said...

lovely Colors Yvonne !! love the spools !!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning!! The colors are gorgeous!! I love the spools you added!! This is spectacular my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mitralee said...

I always LOVE when you do canvases..sigh...so pretty! love that blue!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is gorgeous! I LOVE the colors, and the texture on the background is seriously stunning! Fabulous floral cluster, too! I love the little spools, all wrapped up, and the flowers are amazing. So elegant, and so serene, all at the same time!

Cindy deRosier said...

Very pretty!

Karon said...

Beautiful and loving all the blues! TFS

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It